Saturday, June 2, 2012

Programming and braindead calculators?

So, as a LOT of you guys know, I love computers and such. And, a good way to get to know those devices is by learning how to directly interact with them, by programming in the operating language of the system.  One very easy language to begin trying stuff out in is Intiger Basic.  Coincidentally this is what is built in with the Apple II series of computers.
It doesn't demand a large amount of mathematical knowledge, and uses a lot of commands in english (unlike FORTRAN) and is just very fun overall.
But I don't want to sugarcoat things, therefore I would not be lying when I say it it very tricky to learn and use, especially when working on older systems such as the Apple II that demand that you get everything that you enter correct the forst time, lest you wish to have a nonfunctioning program.     But there is the occasional mathematical problem that I don't want to figure out myself, so I will keep a pocket calculator handy.  That's all fine and dandy...except for when the = button decides to register as a 9 button.    I wonder how many lines of code I wound up ruining...

Anyway, I just thought that was a funny little moment.

BYEEEE

-Ranger :3

3 comments:

  1. Lol! XD I'm always impressed by people who can learn that type of stuff...I know I probably never could. =P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. x3 You seem to be good at a LOT of things, so I'm willing to bet that stuff like that would come easy to you. I still use a pile of manuals and online references even to make the simplest things :P

    I've been trying to add more ads, and monetize this blog and it's confusing xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you must know me better than I know myself! =P lol Honestly, I can't think of one thing right now that I'm good at. LOL! I consider myself "okay" in a few areas, but that's about it. =P I would probably be using *mountains* of manuals...XD

    Yeah, I don't know if I even want to try to figure that out...lol It does seem a bit confusing...=P

    ReplyDelete