Monday, July 4, 2011

A Rattled Recollection...

First note of the post:  
Remember, that's all I ask.
-------------
I sit here trying to make sense of the past week or so through many many pen-and-paper rough drafts with little (no) success whatsoever. So to be fair (and an honest human) I must warn you, be prepared, be very prepared for one of the worst multi-subject posts in blog history. 
-------------
Well, a quick update of a new sidebar widget-like gizmo I made!   It has all of the links to the social-type sites that I'm on so that you can follow and support me on those sites.  (These sites are MY favourite FaceBook and Twitter like sites)   I also recommend that you join the one called Chicken Smoothie if you haven't already.   One of the best forum communities I've ever used.  And if you join (one account per computer, mind you) Please please post in your signature that I referred you there.  It'll do wonders for my account there, believe me.    

And about the Apple Fritter site,  It's just a place where Apple computer enthusiasts come together and talk in a great bunch of forums!   Same as with CS (chicken smoothie) please post in your signature that I sent you there.    
-------------
Okay, I'm going to try to get on to the main point of this post....which is potentially deadly, costly, and...itchy.... *wipes off a glass shard* 

Okay, This all happened on my camping trip with my family.   'Twas a great trip!   We got to the park last Sunday and I started filming for a quick video montage that I'll have up for you guys soon.  But now back to the point....  
On friday we were wanting to go by the gift shop to see if we could get a physical memento of the trip.  And naturally, the gift shop would have the overpriced snack food.  But why would you buy state park food when you could O.D. on Munchos and SunDrop at the local market?   I assume you people understand. 
So we go to the market and get our *goods* and jump back in the car.    Dad pulls out of the dusty, syringe, gravel covered parking....place and jumps upon the road.  Now, with my luck pulling the world upon which I live to it's dirty, skint knees, a large piece of metal comes hurtling down the road!   It begins bouncing and we all expected it to hit the undercarriage,  but nooooo it slams against the hood and CRASHES into the windshield caving in a spot about the size of 1 square foot and a half dollar sized hole. After the impact, glass flies EVERYWHERE.   Thank God dad kept driving and didn't swerve and/or stop because we would have had quite the intimate relationship with a tanker truck...
So we drive trying to dodge still crumbling and flying glass shards.......  
After pulling into the campground once more, mom begins to have a *slight      (*Slight is a rather flexible term, dont ya think?)   Anywho, after many "in the boonies" related dropped calls to to insurance company, they said that they could get a replacement windshield into our currently undriveable car around tuesday.
Great...BESIDES the fact that I had to be home the. next. day. 
So long story short (inside joke) a nice auto-glass man came out and replaced it within 2 hours.  So luckily, we were able to come home the next day.

(I have a video of the "metal-shrapnel aftermath" I'll upload soon.)
-------------
I also wanted to make a 4th of July related post, but I'm already behind 3 topic days just getting this one out to you guys.  So, anyway, thanks for the blog support!

-Smileyranger :3

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ranger, this is Emily Miles (that girl who's supposed to be head of script writing for Bettenetzner Studios, but doesn't have any idea what she's doing... :D ) and I just discovered your blog today. I really enjoyed reading through some of your posts (especially this particular one!). You really have an AWESOME blog! :D You have an awesome sense of humor! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm super glad you like it!
    I think that's my longest post on here.... I'm making another short one today though, if you're interested :)
    Quite honestly, I'm as confused about this whole web-show thing as you are XD
    I really appreciate that *someone* likes my sense of humor XD

    Thanks a ton!

    -Smileyranger :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! :D And I think that it'll take QUITE a while before I am near to being not very confused about what exactly is going on in this web show! LOL!

    ReplyDelete