Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reddit Discussions


So this post is going to be a bit different than usual, focusing more on the interaction of the readers, rather than me sitting, trying to think of something to post.  These questions were submitted to the blog from Reddit, a very popular internet locale built upon content sharing and intelligent discussion...well, for the most part it is intelligent.
If you want to be part of these discussions, and have your topics featured on this blog for me to elaborate on them, and bring them into the spotlight, submit your thoughts and ideas to discuss with others on our Reddit HERE.


Well, if you had given me a bit more information, maybe I could have taken this one seriously. Honestly, the only reason I allowed this one to go up here is because it will lighten the mood, hopefully  preventing the rest of you from being driven away like angry little beings. 
Before I depart from this question, you should go on your local craigslist and once you're happy, come back with something truly thought provoking. 


Mastry, I applaud you for your questions!  These are just what I was looking for when I created that post.
This topic, and point that you have made, frustrates me. Not your views, of course, but the way that the rest of the world acts about this, as you have pointed out.

From the research I have done, I have noticed that there are no middle grounds when regarding the treatments and resources available.  It's as if everyone has severe autism, or is nearly lacking in symptoms altogether.  
And the few resources available for, well, anyone afflicted with this are very... poorly constructed, in the sense that the treatments are like placing a stick on bandage on a gunshot wound.

I could bombard this post with links, but I would like to cut this off here, and allow the discussion to continue in the comments.

Thanks for the topic!




I too have noticed this, and it's quite annoying to think about the fact that people have become too impatient to sit down and enjoy a story, or even a biography.  I think part of this is because of how readily available immense amounts of diverse content has become.   Think about it, 30 years ago, sometimes the only way to gather information on someone you might be studying about on a report  was to sit down, a mug of tea in hand, and plow through an entire book about said person.   With today's resources, we have tools like Reddit, Wikipedia, Yahoo Answers, and many others at out fingertips, therefore making the immediate need for prolonged attention spans less necessary. Although, I feel that those who are that way will see soon enough that it will come back to bite them.  

Thanks for the topic that you have provided for this post. 


-Ranger :3

No comments:

Post a Comment