Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Psychological cult based item to job relations and curious correlations. 7/4/12


What?  The title I just presented made absolutely NO sense at all, and for some reason, when I typed it 3 hours prior to typing this, it actually sounded good in my head brain.   And that also raises yet a heightened sense of awareness for my lack of judgement, but that’s beside the point.  
What I want to present to you are a collection of thoughts on the topic of categorizing work implements with the correlating task.  
When you think about it, we tend to associate certain items with certain tasks, often providing no overlaps for them in our minds.    A stethoscope will be draped around the neck of a doctor,  a monkey wrench in the pocket of a plumber, and a hammer in the hands of a carpenter.       But take a computer keyboard for instance. It is a tool used often in the medical field for inputting data, and keeping records in order.  We would, in our minds picture this object for use in the home or in the office, but really, it becomes an extension of that doctor’s stethoscope.  It’s JUST as VITAL to the wellness of the client as the forceps, or the iodine in the bottle sitting atop the counter. It’s just not what we would consider an ideal representation of that certain field.   Just as we wouldn’t emphasize the importance of the velcro in the professional golfer’s bag of clubs.  It’s definitely not something that gets the bulk of the glory, but without it, the egotistical club-swinging, ball-whacking maniac would be nothing more than a belittled, blubbering, emotional train wreck, face first in the sand trap as his prized possessions lay astride his limp and awkwardly heaving figure, ungracefully free from the then non restraining bag. 
But to get to the root of the situation, we have to go even farther back into the process of WHY we have these thoughts.  My personal theory is that we are simply taught these basic things, and these forms of itemized placement when we are very young, so that we associate the yellow coat to the fireman, and green tie with the leaping glittery bass fish with the preacher. 
It’s as if these things that could use a new outlook, or a fresh view are still ingrained deeply in a generations old ritual that must invisibly, and instinctually instruct the parents or caretakers to teach what has happened, not what COULD happen, or what COULD become of something.  But human nature does not work in such ideologically wondrous ways, thus indicating that there will most likely be no huge changes in the fields that the child is exposed to and taught about. 
I dunno why I thought of this, I just thought it might be good for you guys to mull over in your head for a while as I prepare some more interesting topics and possibly a new show for you guys. 
Thanks for reading as always, and should you want to hire me to write for you, email me at smileyranger@gmail.com
-Ranger :3 

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting...When I saw the title of this post in my blogger dashboard, without even looking at the name, I knew it had to be one of yours. ;) LOL! I loved the golfer/velcro example! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to make my last comment a reply...but it is...I just don't think you get a notification if it's not a reply...but I did reply in the other comment x3

      Delete
  2. Haha. Thanks xD I'm glad you liked it. It was yet another set of ramblings that was created rather late at night. Although going back and editing my sleep induced typos is quite the chore, it seems as if that's when i create the weirdest content for the site. I changed the title as well, and soon some of my friends are going to begin guest posting on here!

    P.S. Your "Anything and Everything is Possible" blog is absolutely amazing. I love reading it :D It's got to be time consuming to get such long posts published on a regular schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol XD Oh yeah! Cool! =D That's awesome! XD

      R.E.: P.S.-Thanks! We're all absolutely loving doing it! XD If you want to join us on our next story, feel free to let me know! Well, for some people, it might be kinda time-consuming. For me, it really isn't too bad. When it's my week, I spend most of my time putting it all together in my brain and only spend about 2-4 hours actually putting it together on the computer. They don't have to actually be as long as we're all making them, but we all enjoy writing long posts, I guess. haha ;D

      Oh, and I got notifications for both comments that you posted, since I subscribed to the comments. =)

      Delete