Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ranger's Ramblings: I might QWOP.

On rare occasions I will think to myself, "I should really get into shape." And because I am too lazy to do any regular exercises, I always think that running or biking would be good, since I don't want to focus on one thing, but instead be in a state of good general health. When these waves of thought sweep my brain, I will dig out a pedometer from the depths of my room, or the dollar tree, depending on the condition of my room and make a chart and set a goal for just how many steps I will take that day. This time I had set the goal of 15,000 steps per day. I figured that if I ran around the street a bit or jogged in place in the backyard it would be relatively easy to reach that goal.

I.

Was.

Wrong.

There are no other ways to put it. I am simply one of the laziest people you will meet when it comes to actually taking action and going through with this sort of physical exertion. Yeah, I'll work hard at school or music, or physically if it's a task, but of my own volition when it comes to personal fitness I fail. Hard.

As an example, I only took 3,000 steps today. That's 12,000 away from my goal.

So here's what I'm going to do. For the next 7 days I'm going to post how many steps I've taken, and should I fail to take 15,000 steps on a certain day during the week, I will repeat the process adding to the embarrassment of the whole situation which will then be insintive for me to not be so lazy in the first place.

If you guys don't like this idea, let me know and it will stop, but if you do, I'll continue it.

-RANGER :3

1 comment: