Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ranger's Ramblings: In which my muse jumps the shark and leaves my followers in a state of boredom.

I find myself sitting here, laptop in my...lap, wii-mote in hand, and with a brain completely out of ideas. As my much more creative friend Elizabeth (Best known for her fangirlish obsessions with Leonard Nimoy) would say my brain gears have sputtered and died.  
It really is an accurate representation for most cases, although, in this case, I find it inadequate, for it is more like a calcified buildup has accumulated and lodged itself into one of those gears suddenly, causing not a slow decline of creativity, but instead, a sudden jolt that has the power to swiftly remove from me any sense of wittiness and tact in the way of wordplay.  

Creativity is a funny thing, when you wish it to be there, it seems to fly out of the window in a most taunting manner, blowing raspberries as it nonchalantly waltzes out of sight, whereas when it is most needed, it assumes the role of a weary therapist that is now simply going through the long since memorized motions associated with each patient and his/her corresponding session.

I often wonder why people bring laptops to coffee houses. You have to wonder if they are typing simply to give the impression that they are supreme intellectual beings from the brain-filled overworld.
If this is true, you cannot help but wonder what they are writing.     In my headbrain, the result most likely resembles this.


I am fully aware of the fact that many of you will pitch little hissy fits in the comments saying that you and many others resort to these establishments as a source of inspiration.... I find that that absolutely strange. You have Wal-Marts, no?

-Ranger :3

4 comments:

  1. Leonard Nimroy fangirl..?
    ...Okay, fine, guilty as charged. xD

    And as for whether or not coffee shops are a good place for inspiration:
    Yes. Yes they are.
    Every person that walks in is a potential character. And if you're trained in the sophisticated art of eavesdropping you might stumble across some conversational gold between characters that seem stiff. :3

    When Mark Twain materialized out of the TARDIS at camp and talked to us about life-like characters, he suggested we base them off real people.

    Not to mention anyplace but your own house is a good place to work. SO. MANY. DISTRACTIONS. *twitches*

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Why yes, I must contradict everything you say. 'Tis my job. xD *clicks tongue and points fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS AT WHAT CAMP DID MARK TWAIN COME OUT OF THE TARDIS!!!!!!!!!! WAIT...... YOU SAW THE TARDIS??? 0.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One Year Adventure Novel summer workshop!!! :D It was AMAZING. Weeping Angels were also there, as well as fire and water benders and Zorro.

      It's an awesome writing curriculum. I've officially converted Ranger- he's doing it this year too. You're homeschooled, right? *subtle hint hint*

      Delete