Friday, July 27, 2012

Ranger's Ramblings: Of Olympics and shoddy attempts at liveblogging.


**Prepare for a live-blogging rant of the opening ceremony**



As most of you know, the Olympic games are beginning tonight in London, and at the time of writing this, I've about 30 more minutes before the overly hyped festivities begin.  
And I will stand by my reasoning for calling these festivities overhyped because of the incessant marketing for a televised athletic event.  Nearly everything I click on while browsing the internet contains some olympic related advertisement, be it some sponsored cleaner, (P&G, I'm talking about YOU) or that $200.00 soccer ball you think you can sell just because it has 5 coloured rings on it. 
It's gone out of hand.  And I have to wonder why everyone is so hyped about them being held in London, for this is the third time they have hosted this event.   Maybe it's because of the sheer amount of Londoners watching it. 

It is now about  1 hour and 30 minutes since I wrote that last paragraph and I can honestly say that London has outdone anything that China did in 2008. 
But....that giant baby head is....   *shudders*    

I'm also slightly embarrassed with myself for singing along with "Satisfaction" and "Bohemian Rhapsody", but oh well. 

Did anyone notice the creepy dress of the Armenian Flag Bearer? 

9:36 PM and the parade of nations is only at Romania.

AND THAT PART IS OVER.  

Sir Paul McCartney was amazing as always, and I think this was a great opening ceremony!  (Except for that part about the digital age where the boy found the girl's phone and called her to tell her he had her phone...that made no sense, because, well, HE HAD HER PHONE) 

Thanks for reading!


Gardez une lévre supérieure raide, 

Ranger :3


1 comment:

  1. I missed it all... =( Good thing my Grandma will probably tape it. haha XD

    ReplyDelete